Saturday, September 24, 2011

[TGS '11, PS3, Vita] Final Fantasy X HD Announced

MW7519 Offline
The Darksider


Posts: 152
Joined: Jun 2011
Reputation: 0

RE: [TGS '11, PS3, Vita] Final Fantasy X HD Announced
Meh, FFX sucked before, and it'll suck now. Nothing changes in my opinion.

I don't see how they managed to take a game about swords, sorcery and high fantasy and turn it into Jpop singers in the ocean. I really, really don't. FF1 will always be one of my favorite games, and probably the only good Final Fantasy game I've ever played (aside from FF9). It had everything- great music, great albeit simplistc combat, etc.

They've continued to sodomize this series. It just needs to die. That, or give me an HD remake of FF1, similar to the PSP version.

[Image: MW7519.png] RE: [TGS '11, PS3, Vita] Final Fantasy X HD Announced
It's not that I hated it. I enjoyed it at the time. But it sowed the seeds that become Final Fantasy XIII (walk forward for essentially the entire game until you get to the Calm Lands, throw some small optional quests at you before you continue walking forward).
The combat just bored me to tears. To go from the flowing combat that the ATB system provided for so long to the turn-based CTB was just tedious. Granted it made the game piss easy, so you could plan out your strategies perfectly by following the character flow chart on the side of the screen.

On the bright side, the game had such a great 3rd quarter with all the stuff with Auron, Sin, Tidus, Yuna, etc. So I forgive it for that.

But I will also resent it somewhat for what it lead the franchise to.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by: Free Blog Templates